Are you passionate about teaching Maths? Looking for a innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely invests and develops you? Then come and join us at Stockwood Park!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently recruiting for a Teacher of Mathematics to join our dynamic and successful Academy. We are looking for someone who is passionate about teaching engaging lessons that help students understand the importance of Maths and the positive impact it can have throughout their life.
The successful candidate will:
- Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
- Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- Fantastic support from your line managers and SLT who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive
- Unparalleled CPD opportunities with cross trust and national development programs and bespoke opportunities to support your development
- We recruit for attitude and train for skills with excellent opportunities for career progression in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop
- Local subsided gym membership and many other staff benefits
Here’s what Ofsted have to say: “The Principal and SLT have successfully raised the quality of teaching and improved students’ achievement in most subjects including English and Maths. The quality of teachers’ professional development is good, leaders have successfully created a good culture for staff development and ensures that teachers are suitably equipped for their subjects and other responsibilities. The behaviour of the students is good, they behave well in lessons and students are proud to be at the academy and enjoy coming”.
Teacher Testimonial: “ What I really felt here more than anywhere else was that the welcome was extremely warm and the team wanted to develop me and nurture me as a leader, a professional and a teacher. They have given me the opportunity to go on to the national leadership course, which allowed me to nurture my own leadership skills and learn a whole host of different things, which I had not had the opportunity to learn before. After 4 years, I was seconded onto the SLT team looking after Teaching and Learning, which has always been my real passion. In September this year, I was seconded to be the Associate Vice Principal which added another layer which challenged me and helped me experience lots of other aspects at the school. At Stockwood, we really believed the CPD should be personalised at whatever level you are at and whatever level you come into the Academy. If you are an NQT or Unqualified, we really nurture the talent you have and we will help you gain QTS and complete your NQT year. We have also put together a rolling CPD programme every Thursday night so that people are really supported. We believe that nurturing talent upwards is really important, whether that's pastoral care, curriculum care, teaching and learning and then moving into SLT. We have middle leader and senior leaders’ courses and send people out on National Accreditation. Stockwood Park Academy have really helped me develop my skills and I'm very lucky that I have a team of people that I know I can develop myself and still do my day to day job.” Helen Palmer, Associate Vice Principal for Quality and Learning
If you want to know what it's like to work for Stockwood Park Academy please do visit our career site where you can watch our video!
If you are interested in this position, please do apply today! We look forward to receiving your application.