Due to the expansion of our Secondary School we are looking for new staff to join us. Starting August 2017 we have a vacancy for a
Teacher of Mathematics
(approx. 0.5 fte)
- fully qualified teacher status (for example UK QTS through a PGCE or its equivalent) to teach Economics
- minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in the subject of Mathematics or equivalent
- experience in teaching Mathematics up to university entrance level
- English at a C2 fluency level (for non-native applicants)
- good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
- experience in teaching in an international context
- experience in working with pupils whose first or second language may not be English
- knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
- experience teaching Mathematics or the equivalent to EB, IB or GCE A level
- a willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
- an appointment based on the Dutch teachers collective labour agreement (CAO VO) for secondary education on the relevant pay scales
- participation in the Dutch pension scheme
- an attractive relocation package with HR assistance to help with your relocation to The Hague (for teachers hired from abroad)
- a permanent contract subject to the recognition of your teaching qualifications by the Dutch authorities and the successful completion of a one year probationary period.
- Please check our website for more information on our working conditions.
The application process will run with the support of the Stichting NOB. Interested candidates are invited to send in a completed application form (http://www.europeanschoolthehague.nl/content/current-vacancies-secondary) together with a short letter of motivation and a copy of their curriculum vitae before the 5th of May 2017 by email to: email@example.com.
The application should be sent for the attention of the director of the school Mr. Van de Kerkhof, stating “Application Maths Teacher” in the subject line. The interviews will take place from the 10th of May 2017 onwards. Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl whereas the site www.eursc.eu gives general information about the European Schools.
The Europese School Den Haag (ESH), which opened in August 2012 is a part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. ESH is an accredited European School providing tuition to students in the age range of 4 to 18 leading up to the European Baccalaureate. ESH is located at Houtrustweg 2, in The Hague, the Netherlands.