We are looking for a well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Mathematics, who has a love for their subject. There is the possibility of teaching at A Level at our partner sixth form, Harington School.
We welcome applications either from NQTs who will be well supported by experienced mentors and through our Teaching School Alliance or from more experienced candidates where there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion.
We have outstanding facilities throughout, with purpose-built laboratories offering excellent teaching resources and access to numerous iPads, laptops and computers. Harington School and Catmose College are part of the Rutland and District Schools’ Federation, both of which have been graded outstanding by Ofsted.
For successful candidates there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion across the Federation. This provides wider opportunities for staff, giving them broader experience across different organisation’s, including the opportunity to teach A levels in an academically able environment, should their skills and experience be appropriate.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong and supportive team of specialist teachers who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students.
Teachers are able enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Teachers at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually for good performance, in addition to any incremental pay progression.
- Relocation support for hard-to-recruit subjects.
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Masters scheme.
- Primary, Secondary and Sixth-form teaching opportunities.
- Staff laptops.
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Primary.
- Flexible working; part-time and job share considered and variable hours considered.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to; part time working, job share and term time only working.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring safeguarding, health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.catmosecollege.com or by emailing the College on firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail address of two professional referees; it is our usual practice to ask for references before shortlisting and always to ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements. CVs are not accepted. The closing date is 27 November 2017. You should send your application to Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com
If you have not heard from us by 4 December 2017 please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Please enclose a SAE if you would like your application acknowledged.