TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Full -time, Permanent from 1st September 2021
We want to appoint an inspiring and committed maths teacher with the ability to;
• Lead and enthuse students in maths
• Work as part of a dynamic team
• Teach across the full age and ability range from KS3 to A level
Blue Coat has a strong track record for high achievement and growing teachers and leaders. We will provide the opportunity for you to fulfil your ambitions and potential in a dynamic and supportive environment. This is a fabulous opportunity for an NQT or an experienced teacher wishing to develop their career teaching KS4 and A level in an outstanding school.
The Blue Coat School:
• was judged to be outstanding in all areas by OFSTED 2011-12
• has a record of attainment and achievement at GCSE which is consistently significantly above national average
• has a large, thriving and oversubscribed Sixth Form
• has a happy, positive ethos, with clear expectations and boundaries: students enjoy their learning and are eager to do their best
• is located in Oldham town centre with excellent transport links to Manchester / South Manchester e.g. 30 mins travel time by either car or metro link
The Blue Coat School is part of the Cranmer Education Trust, a growing community of multi faith, multi-talented schools across North East Manchester. St Anne’s Academy joined the Trust in March 2021 and we are looking forward to opening The Brian Clarke Church of England Academy in September 2022. Mayfield Primary School and East Crompton St George’s Primary School are both also part of the Cranmer Education Trust, and from September 2021, Blue Coat will also become the lead school of the Oldham and Tameside Teaching School Hub.
We work collaboratively, share good practice and have a Trust-wide approach to development. All schools are partners in Manchester Nexus, our SCITT, which operates out of Blue Coat. All schools bring their expertise to share. We need to make sure we have the right people in the right place doing the job that is needed to build excellent provision for our children and young people. Staff are supported and developed professionally to make sure they can do that and are valued and recognised for their work.
This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
CVs will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 24th May 2021, 9am
Interviews: w/c 24th May 2021
The Blue Coat School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Blue Coat School is part of the Cranmer Education Trust.
The Blue Coat CofE School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Blue Coat School
Mission statement: Faith – Vision – Nurture
Welcome to The Blue Coat School website, which we hope will give you a really good insight into our school, and show how our young people are learning how...