Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school located in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn. The success of the school as an Academy has led to Cheney School expanding into a Multi Academy Trust.
At Cheney School we have a vibrant and successful Mathematics Faculty, with large numbers of students progressing onto post 16 Mathematics and Further Mathematics courses. We are looking for an inspirational and innovative teacher with a real passion for ensuring engagement in learning for all students to join our expanding, effective and well-resourced department as soon as possible.
We are committed to continuous professional development and have wide ranging training and development opportunities. The school is very popular and is an excellent platform for staff to further develop their professional career. If you wish to develop your career in a vibrant school which seeks to go from good to outstanding, we would welcome your application.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- are passionate about raising levels of engagement and achievement
- have the determination to be ‘outstanding’ in your own classroom teaching
- want to make a positive difference by going the extra mile for the benefit of your students
- have the desire and enthusiasm to play an active and collaborative role in contributing to a strong culture of sharing best practice, resources and ideas
- have the interpersonal and leadership skills required to inspire and motivate students
- are keen and able to embed enjoyment and success in learning
If you would like to discuss the post further please contact Steve Palmer, Head of Mathematics, at: email@example.com
Payment on Teacher Main Scale or Upper Pay scale depending on experience.
How to Apply:
Please download an application pack from: www.cheney.oxon.sch.uk/mathematicsteacher
In addition to your application form please email a letter of application, detailing reasons for your interest in this post and your relevant skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfordshire Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date: 8am, Friday 23rd June 2017
Interviews: Tuesday 27th June 2017