The British International School, Riyadh caters for students aged 3-18. 50% of students are British but over 50 nationalities are represented within the student body. The school is accredited by the Council of British International Schools (COBIS) and the Council of International Schools (CIS). The recent British School overseas inspection described the BIS curriculum as “outstanding” and states that “students demonstrate outstanding attitudes, behaviour and personal development. They take a pleasure in their own success and that of others”. In a recent confidential survey staff overwhelmingly stated that they enjoy working at the school. We now seek to add to our team.
We are seeking to appoint a successful Mathematics teacher who is committed to achieving high academic standards and creating a stimulating and positive classroom ethos, which is both students’ centred and success orientated. The willingness to be an effective team player is essential.
The Mathematics department is part of the Mathematics and Computing Faculty. There are seven full time Mathematics teachers who teach from Years 7-13. Students take Edexcel Linear syllabus at GCSE and new Edexcel curriculum (2017) at A-level.
In all key stages we use the Pearson ActiveLearn digital platform to deliver an engaging and interactive approach to cover KS3 National Curriculum (2014), the GCSE (9-1) curriculum and the new (2017) A-level curriculum.
The department has a well-developed VLE portal where work and homework assignments are set. Candidates should be prepared to take part in this ongoing development to enhance student provision.
The successful candidate will:
- be a UK qualified teacher or have qualifications recognised in the UK through the NARIC process;
- very competently fulfil all Teachers’ Standards as published by the Department of Education in 2012;
- put students at the heart of the education process;
- fully support the Mission and ethos of the school;
- commit enthusiastically to the school’s enrichment program including leading extra-curricular and inter-house activities;
- be able to use ICT as an effective teaching tool;
- believe in the values of international and interculturalism in an educational context;
- be confident in teaching in all Key Stages (KS3 – KS5), and to all abilities as well as being able to contribute to this highly supportive team;
- have experience with the new Mathematics GCSE (9 -1) Edexcel course;
- have experience with the new Edexcel A-level curriculum (2017) (considerable advantage).
There may also be a Position of Responsibility allowance for the right candidate
To apply, please follow the link: https://inteachers.net/job/551
and provide a supporting statement of application following our Guidelines
Closing date for all applications: Thursday 7th December 2017 at 10:00 (KSA)
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people and all post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure (with a Barred List check).
The school reserves the right to make an earlier appointment if a suitable candidate is identified.
For more information about the school please visit our website: www.bisr.com.sa