We are seeking to appoint an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher or NQT with energy, enthusiasm and a love of Maths. For an ambitious, creative and inspiring teacher or NQT with energy and enthusiasm this is a wonderful opportunity to join one of the largest and strongest departments in the School. It achieves outstanding results at GCSE.
The successful candidate will:
- have a passion for Mathematics
- have a passion for working with students
- be able to plan and deliver high quality teaching
- have excellent communication have the ability to embrace and contribute to the vision of the Department and school
- be able to build relationships quickly
- show respect to others and be able to embrace the ethos and values of the School
- be positive, optimistic, caring, kind and approachable
- be willing to be immersed in the life of a busy and successful school
- have the ability to support, challenge and inspire our students, encouraging them to achieve the best they can through the promotion of outstanding teaching and learning
Our special culture and ethos focuses on high achievement both personally and academically which comes from the tremendous work of all our staff and the great achievements of our students.
Situated in a beautiful area of North Dorset, with easy road access to London, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and the glorious Dorset coast, The Gryphon School , with its special atmosphere and feel, is a highly over-subscribed 11-18, comprehensive, Church of England school that welcomes those of all faiths and of none.
Our students come first and we encourage every student to strive for the highest possible levels of academic achievement alongside developing the personal attributes and qualities to thrive and make a positive contribution throughout life. Our students have an excellent record of success in gaining high results at both GCSE and A-level and our exceptional Sixth Form students, currently around 430, consistently secure university entrance, including to Oxbridge and the Russell Group, and in the most challenging courses.
We are a very proud school which attracts students from around North and West Dorset as well as South Somerset. We also pride ourselves on our support and care for everyone and each other and offer well-developed and high-quality professional development opportunities, health and well-being packages and a superb working environment.
The Gryphon School, part of the Sherborne Area Schools Trust, has an absolute commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.
The Gryphon School values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community