Teacher of Mathematics
Required from September 2019
(Temporary from 1st September 2019 – 31st December 2019)
Salary – MPS / UPR
NQTs / Trainees are welcome to apply
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational teacher of Mathematics to join our dedicated and hardworking department. The successful candidate will be required to teach students of all abilities at Key Stage 3 and 4. We are looking for a candidate who will motivate, challenge and inspire students to be the best that they can be, someone who is enthusiastic, resourceful, has high expectations and is committed to the distinctive ethos of our school.
This is an exciting time to join St. Anne’s as we continue to develop strategies to improve the quality of teaching and learning. Over the last two years, through hard work and determination we have seen an improved leap in progress and attainment of our students’ maths results. There is work to be done around improving progress further still so we are looking for a new member to join our team and play a vital role in driving improvement as we continue on our exciting upward journey.
As a colleague of the Maths Department, you will be fundamental in delivering:
• A diverse mastery curriculum personalised to all students of all backgrounds and abilities.
• Teaching and learning that challenges, inspires and fulfils students’ aspirations and career prospects; fostering a genuine love for maths.
• A climate of high aspirations centred around wellbeing, commitment to our students and dedication.
• Be passionate about Maths
• Communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
• Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
• Be a team player and go the extra mile to uphold school values
The successful candidate will also benefit from:
• A supportive and nurturing environment that provides high quality, professional, developmental experiences and opportunities.
• Joining a team of highly skilled individuals, who consistently deliver challenging and engaging lessons.
St. Anne’s is on an exciting journey and we are seeing rapid improvements in all aspects of our school life including the attendance and outcomes of our students. We are striving for improvement and are reaping the benefits already of the changes we are implementing in our school.
If you are excited by challenges, can work effectively as part of a team and are dedicated to making a tangible difference to the lives of the young people with whom you work, then your application will be warmly welcomed.
Our strong Catholic Ethos at St Anne’s means we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant’s appointment will be subject to satisfactory references and satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
On behalf of our students, thank you for your interest in our school.
For details of the post and an Application Pack please contact Mrs Sue Swire, PA to the Headteacher on 0161 432 8162, Option 6 or email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 18th June 2019 (noon)