Alderman Knight School
Date Posted: 03/07/2019
School: Alderman Knight Special School
Address: Ashchurch Road, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20 8JJ
Tel/ FAX 01684 295639
Post Title – Teacher of Mathematics/ Subject Leader for Mathematics
Grade – MPG/ UPR + 1 SEN point + possibility of temporary TLR 2A for subject leader role
Hours – Full time
Contract – Maternity Cover
Closing date – 17th July 2019
Interview date – 24th July 2019
Start date – 1st September 2019
The Governors wish to appoint a dedicated, experienced, confident and imaginative teacher of maths to join the talented, committed and supportive staff team at this ambitious and successful special school. There is a temporary TLR2A for the right candidate who can lead and manage maths and numeracy across the school. Applications from staff currently working in mainstream schools are very welcome.
Therefore if you:
• have a real passion for teaching maths to children with SEN
• have taught maths across the ability range (level 1 to level 6) either in mainstream or special settings
• are confident to teach pupils at KS3 and KS4 including nationally recognised accreditations to pupils with additional needs
• consistently deliver lessons that are of the highest quality and ensure all pupils are enabled to make excellent progress
• are highly motivated, energetic and have the desire to become involved in all aspects of school life.
Then we would be delighted to hear from you.
Applications must include a letter highlighting strengths and experience. Please apply via the TES website. You will be required to set up a user name to enable you to access the relevant form.
Please note Alderman Knight is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
For further details please see school website www.aldermanknight.gloucs.sch.uk and/ or email
A visit to school before the end of term is recommended and welcome.