Reduced school year of 180 days plus 3 CPD days, i.e. an additional 12 days of holidays; suitable for NQTs. Salary equivalent to MPS1-6.
We are a relatively small 4-16 school, newly sponsored by the Emmanuel Schools Foundation, and continuing a journey of improvement that offers great potential for rapid professional development. Reflecting our independent school heritage, we have a reduced school year (180 days) with 12 additional days of holidays.
We require, for September 2020, an enthusiastic graduate qualified to teach as part of this small three-person Maths department at KS3 and KS4, with a strong understanding of progression to post-16 and future potential to teach A level. The ability to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and to consistently teach inspirational lessons within this small but highly committed team is essential.
Hours: Full (1.0 FTE) or part (0.8 FTE) time
If you believe you have the vision and commitment to work in a school which seeks to raise achievement, setting consistently high standards for yourself and your students, please do contact us.
To request an informal visit or for further information, please contact Mrs Julie Barber on 0191 534 4444 or email: email@example.com
Closing date: Noon on Friday, 27 March 2020
Christ’s College, Sunderland (10-12 miles from Newcastle, Gateshead and Durham; fast access to the north east coastline, Northumberland and North Yorks national parks and major areas of natural beauty; York / Leeds / Manchester 1-2 hours; London 3½ hours).
- Distinct, biblically Christian ethos with highly diverse intake
- Small, 4-16 all-through school of c. 550 students
- Reduced length school year of 180 teaching days plus 3 days of CPD (in addition to weekly CPD). Additional two holiday weeks are: one at Christmas and one immediately before the summer break.
- Exceptional CPD provision throughout the year, and for rapid professional development
- Focus on character education, being part of Emmanuel Schools Foundation
Christ’s College takes its responsibility for safeguarding children very seriously and successful applications will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS, along with standard pre-employment safeguarding checks.