The Maths department at Swavesey Village College prides itself on offering an incredible learning experience for students and collaborative, exciting working environment for staff.
Our teaching ethos is built upon principles of Mastery and group-work, in a mixed-ability environment. We believe all students can make excellent progress and as such we work to never place a ceiling on achievement.
We’ve created lesson-by-lesson teaching resources, as well as assessments and homework, for all year groups. No teacher is required to create lessons from scratch so that time can be spent personalising lessons for the benefit of specific individuals in each class. All Maths staff benefit from an additional non-contact period per week to focus on the development of teaching and learning, and to improve existing teaching resources.
We’re looking for a confident, ambitious teacher to join our team from September 2018. As the lead school of a progressive and developing academy chain in Cambridgeshire, opportunities for advancement within the Trust at all levels is frequent, and encouraged by senior staff.
Our ideal candidate will be:
· Committed to the pursuit of excellence,
· A team player with a strong desire to work collaboratively so that all members of the community can work to their best,
· A believer in the potential of young people, with a mindset that all children can experience success,
· A capable mathematician with a creative pedagogical approach to maths education.
Swavesey is committed to developing the talents and potential of all our staff. We have a very supportive induction and CPD programme for new staff and NQTs, and can provide many development opportunities within our Teaching School Alliance (www.camteach.org.uk).
For the right NQT this includes:
- a reduced timetable for the first year, with three additional non-contact hours per week
- a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year including:
- timetabled mentor meetings
- regular calendared NQT team meetings
- access to our exceptional Teaching School CPD programme
- support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
NQTs will may also be offered the opportunity to do paid work in July in order to ensure they have the most positive start to their career.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
In return, we can offer you:
· Induction programme for new staff
· Calendared new staff meetings for CPD
· Leadership Coaching
· Comfortable staff area with free tea, coffee & squash
· Child care voucher scheme through payroll (tax free)
· Free eye tests for constant computer users
· Staff social activities (Staff Association, Thirsty Thursday, Friday Football, BBQs, Paintball, etc)
· Free breakfast in the canteen
· Free Gym membership at SVC on specific days
Swavesey is a village community school located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links to Cambridge and the pretty market town of St Ives, however, we have a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation as part of our Academy Trust – CMAT and as a Teaching School - CTSN.
Please view the professional development and staff services attachment to get a full breakdown on what makes Swavesey Village College such a special place to work.
We encourage visits before interview and this can be arranged by contacting Claire Newman - Personnel Administrator on email@example.com.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below. Applications by Wednesday 17 January 2018.
If you have any queries, please contact Claire Newman or Cameron Fehr (firstname.lastname@example.org), Director of Mathematics.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.