Buckler’s Mead Academy wishes to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Mathematics Teacher with a passion for supporting disadvantaged students, to improve outcomes and make a significant impact on the lives of these students. We are open to applications from candidates who are interested in either a full time or part time contract. There is also the opportunity for an additional TLR for the right candidate with responsibility to lead on Pupil Premium across the academy.
The successful candidate should be:
- Hard working and fully committed to the ethos of the academy
- Enthusiastic and willing to try new ideas and take responsibility for new initiatives
- Keen to support the teaching of excellence by improving student outcomes
- Someone with high expectations of students, whilst fully appreciating the need to provide encouragement and support to students of all abilities
- Capable of working with staff from all areas of the academy, external agencies and partner schools
- Someone with an awareness of the barriers to learning for Pupil Premium students and effective approaches to overcome these.
- Interested in continuous professional development
In return we can offer you the opportunity to work with motivated students, the full support of a dedicated and committed team of staff, a supportive induction programme and ongoing professional development, plus the opportunity to work in a developing academy in a beautiful area of the South West. On 1 September 2021, we joined the Midsomer Norton Schools’ Partnership. This is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust, often considered the ‘market leader’ in the South West for school improvement.
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to references and a full Disclosure and Barring Service check. Buckler’s Mead Academy is an equal opportunities employer. The campus is a no smoking site.
Interested candidates should submit an application form and covering letter, giving details of your current experience and suitability for the role.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your application.