The British School of BrusselsTervuren
Salary: EUR €50,000 - €90,000 per year (hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities.)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Temporary
Start date: December 2020/January 2021
Temporary, to cover Maternity Leave
Located in the beautiful town of Tervuren, near the university city of Leuven, BSB is a not for profit, inclusive fee-paying international school with 1,350 students from approximately 70 countries. Whilst British-based, it is uniquely adapted to the needs of our international and multicultural student body. There is an Early Childhood Centre for children aged 1-3. Our Primary School offers a bespoke curriculum with integrated learning themes that are inquiry based and skills driven. Students in Year 10 & 11 study for (I)GCSE and BTEC courses. Post-16 students can choose from three internationally recognised pre-university examination courses: English A Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or BTEC. BSB has outstanding facilities and is the only international school in Belgium to have its own 25m indoor swimming pool. With an excellent record of academic achievement, BSB students go on to attend a wide range of top universities across the globe.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Mathematics teacher to cover a maternity leave. We are seeking to appoint a teacher who can bring real enthusiasm to the post, making a wider contribution to the life of the school and student learning.
The successful candidate will:
- be kind forming good relationships with students and with colleagues;
- ideally have experience working in an international school setting;
- set the highest standards in terms of learning and teaching, getting the very best from students from all backgrounds and of all abilities;
- be appreciative of students’ differing cultural backgrounds;
- be attuned to current developments in the teaching of Mathematics, ideally with some knowledge of IGCSE, A level or IB.
- be willing and able to contribute wholeheartedly to the social development of students and to the extra-curricular life of the school;
- have good ICT skills, and the ability and enthusiasm to apply these in the classroom;
- be willing to work closely with colleagues in creating a sense of cohesion and spirit within the faculty and to co-operate with colleagues in other faculties;
- Commitment to the BSB Guiding Statements
- Committed to achieving the best at all times for BSB students
- Belief that in learning and in life more is achieved together than alone
- Committed to the safety and wellbeing of BSB students.
In return, we offer:
- A full-time, temporary contract (maternity leave cover)
- Enthusiastic, happy and confident children who are proud of their school and love learning
- Outstanding facilities and resources
- Excellent professional learning opportunities
- An attractive salary – BSB Learning & Teaching scale – Band 4 representing a minimum of € 50.074 and maximum € 90.885 gross per year, depending on the years of relevant experience, and extra-legal benefits including hospitalisation insurance, extra pension payments, luncheon vouchers, free use of the BSB sport facilities.
The deadline for applications is 23 November 2020 at 09:00 (CET). – we may recruit before the closing date if we find the right candidate.
Please note that only applications sent in using the application form on the BSB website will be considered. No other submissions will be accepted.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you have not heard anything further from us by mid-December 2020 please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“The British School of Brussels is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.” (with reference to the most recent KCSIE)
More about The British School of Brussels
Officially opened in 1970 by HRH The Duke of Edinburgh, our school offers a modern, progressive education that inspires students, encourages achievement and emphasises personal growth and development.
We prepare our students for the ch...