Would you like to be part of an energetic, passionate and hardworking Mathematics team?
This is the perfect opportunity for a colleague starting their career or a more experienced teacher to undertake a whole school leadership role.
Potential candidates will:
• Be enthusiastic, passionate and have a genuine love for their subject
• Demonstrate personal skills and qualities that align to an already established positive, hardworking and committed team.
• Be fully committed to the Academy’s ethos and vision.
• Be prepared to continue their professional development to ensure they become an outstanding practitioner.
• Go the extra mile for young people ensuring that progress is the driving force of all action.
In return we can offer:
• A ‘child centred, progress focused’ school ethos.
• A school with a well-established culture of hard work and high expectations.
• A welcoming and supportive community, where staff really do matter.
• A specialist mentor; who will provide sessions and training on teaching pedagogy as well as access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development delivered by the teaching school alliance.
• Opportunities to develop the skills and qualities to progress your leadership career.
• A supportive loyal and committed Leadership Team with a clear vision of raising standards of teaching and learning and positive behaviour.
• A cohort of students with high standards of behaviour and a willingness to learn.
Wingfield Academy, has become a high performing Academy, having delivered it's third consecutive year of remarkable examination results, placing it once again as the second highest performing school in Rotherham and in the top 7% nationally for progress. The Academy is growing in popularity following its success and is looking to expand and develop, attracting the best people to work alongside our dedicated and ambitious staff who go the extra mile to make a quantifiable and powerful contribution to social mobility. We focus on the things that matter.
It is anticipated that Wingfield Academy will be the first secondary school to join the highly successful post 16 MAT, New Collaborative Learning Trust at Easter 2020, and in doing so will lead the development of the secondary arm. This provides exceptional opportunities for those just starting out and those colleagues seeking career development.
If this sounds like a place for you then why not join our dynamic team as a teacher within the Mathematics department and be part of the driving force to ensure we become outstanding and the number one choice for parents in the locality.
In your application you are invited to write no more than one side of A4 which outlines how your personal skills and qualities make you the perfect candidate for a career in teaching. All applications must be on the Wingfield Academy application form, attached.
There is an opportunity for NQT's to be offered enhanced progression, alternatively those looking for more responsibility have the opportunity to be responsible for the academic progress of a whole school year group. See job description for more information.
Informal discussions about the role with the Headteacher and a visit to the Academy are warmly welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA; Amanda Cook on 01709 513002 or email email@example.com to make an appointment to visit.
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Closing date for applications: 12noon on Friday 27th March 2020
Interview date: TBC