Teacher of Mathematics - Two Posts
Full time appointment from 1st September 2018
Wirral Grammar School is an 11 to 18 selective school. “Wirral Grammar School for Boys is a forward looking school that provides an outstanding education for its students. Parents are overwhelmingly positive about the school.” Ofsted. Wirral Grammar School is a great place to work in. Our pupils are keen and there is a strong sense of collegiality and support among the staff. We place an equal emphasis on academic achievement and extra-curricular activity, all of which can be justifiably described as ‘outstanding’. You will find our school, one in which you can flourish professionally and enjoy the job of teaching your subject and motivating able students to achieve to the very best of their ability.
We are looking to appoint from September 2018 two enthusiastic and well qualified inspiring teachers of Mathematics to join a highly successful and committed team. An ability to teach Mathematics up to and including A Level is essential including Further Mathematics.
Skills and competencies required:
- A well-qualified teacher of Mathematics.
- An individual who is passionate about Mathematics and promotes enthusiasm and interest for the subject.
- An ability to teach Mathematics through to GCSE, AS and A Level (including Further Mathematics)
- Experience of having taught across the full 11 to 18 age range.
- Able to use data to track, monitor and assess pupil progress.
- An expectation to share and develop professional practice through collaborative working.
- Experience of all ability teaching with a particular awareness of the needs of able students.
- A high level of ICT competency; an ability to use ICT effectively in planning and teaching.
- Ability to work within a team of well-qualified and highly professional individuals.
- Experience of having taught Further Mathematics is preferred.
What we are able to offer
- A high level of professional support with access to training where required and induction at both Department and School levels.
- A well-resourced Department
- Students who are highly motivated and want to achieve.
- An in-house CPD programme that encourages professional development.
- An ICT rich environment
To apply click on the link below.
The completed WGSB application form, WGSB Self Disclosure Form and covering letter (as detailed in the application process of the Job Description) should be sent to Mrs Tanya Fry, Headteacher's PA: email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Friday 16th March 2018 at 12 noon.
For further information on the school see below or visit our website at www.wirralgrammarboys.com