Due to continued growth in student numbers, we are seeking a Teacher of Mathematics who wishes to be part of a professionally dynamic, supportive and forward thinking learning community, in a safe, family-friendly setting. As an accredited British Schools Overseas (BSO) this role could also suit an NQT as we can apply for Qualified Teacher Status in the UK.
Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah Academy Family of Schools is based in Ras Al Khaimah, the northernmost Emirate of the UAE. Just one hour’s drive from Dubai International Airport, the Academy provides UK and IB education to almost 3600 students from 78 nationalities across its 5 schools, each with its own unique character.
The successful candidate must:
• hold a degree plus a government-recognised post-graduate qualification in teaching (i.e. PGCE/ PGDE/ GTP), with QTS or be an NQT
• have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice
• have a good ability to use IT to support teaching and learning
• be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
• be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate
• be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff
• be willing to be fully involved in extra-curricular activities
• most importantly of all, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers a competitive, tax-free international salary and benefits package, comparable to other international schools in the region.
To apply for this position please use 'Quick Apply'.
RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone child protection screening and any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks.