Not the right job for you? Start a new job search on Tes

Job details

Job details
Employer Albemarle Independent College
Location Westminster
Salary Dependent on qualifications and experience
Contract type Part Time / Full Time
Contract term Permanent Suitable for NQTs
Job dates
Posted
Closing date Applications are closed
Job starts 4th September 2017

About the college

Based in the heart of Mayfair, central London, Albemarle is a top performing independent sixth-form college, offering a broad A-level & GCSE curriculum for students from public, state and private school backgrounds. The majority of students who come to Albemarle do so because of our reputation for excellent A-level & GCSE results. Approximately 30% of our students are international whilst the other 70% are British. Tuition is very much student-centred, and our teachers are highly qualified specialists in their subject area, many having experience as examiners. They use a mixture of motivation, encouragement and confidence building to get the best out of students. In our recent inspection by ISI (March 2016), the college was judged to exceed expectations, the highest accolade awarded by ISI.

Employer Information 

What makes you stand out as an employer of choice ?

We have excellent relationships between teachers, principals and students fostering an environment which encourages students to develop as individuals, and reach their academic potential. We promote internally so there is always room for staff to develop in areas which best suit their talents. CPD is encouraged and very much supported by the principals. Staff are able to participate in extra-curricular activities and contribute to the wider curriculum.

What do your current staff like about working for you ?

Staff enjoy the relaxed environment that Albemarle offers alongside the desire from students to achieve their best. Staff are encouraged to bring their own ideas to the table to foster student development and to sustain the ethos of academic excellence. Albemarle has an excellent central London location very close to Hyde Park and Oxford Street.

What does the job entail

(see job description)

What type of candidate are you looking for ?

The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills – the standout qualities we look for, at least 3 years relevant teaching experience (although we will consider newly qualified graduates for this role) and an ability to relate to young people from different cultures and backgrounds.

Next steps

Please complete the application form and submit together with a recent CV to Jocelyn Stockbridge, Deputy Head of Maths at jocelyn.albemarle@gmail.com

Deadlines

Closing date: Friday 9th June 2017

Safeguarding and equal opportunities statement

Albemarle is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be subject to DBS checks in accordance with the college’s recruitment policy (see website for further details)

Albemarle Independent College
18 Dunraven Street, Mayfair,
London, W1K7FE

About the employer

Information about Albemarle Independent College
Phase Further Education
employer gallery photo 0
employer gallery photo 1
employer gallery photo 2
employer gallery photo 3
employer gallery photo 4
employer gallery photo 5
employer gallery photo 6
employer gallery photo 7
1 / 8

Locations and contacts

18 Dunraven Street
Mayfair
London
W1K 7FE
United Kingdom
+44 20 7629 9146