Sir John Talbot’s School is at the centre of the community of Whitchurch, with excellent links to sports, business and partner primary schools. We are committed to equipping all students with the skills and experiences that will prepare them for life. As part of The Marches Academy Trust, we have access to a network of support and challenge, ensuring we are operating at the forefront of educational thinking. The school sits in mature grounds with historic roots, providing an attractive setting in which students can thrive. Facilities are extensive including the community leisure centre, well-resourced faculty areas and Sixth Form centre.
We are seeking innovative and motivational Teacher of Mathematics with excellent subject knowledge and the desire and commitment to raise achievement of students at all levels. We are looking for passionate and inspirational professionals who would enjoy working in an exciting and rewarding environment and are prepared to contribute fully to school life. Applications are welcome from NQTs. There may be opportunities for staff to work and progress across the schools within the Academy Trust if desired.
In the Mathematics Faculty we have:
• Well-equipped classrooms with a variety of interactive facilities
• Progress significantly above average
• An enthusiastic and supportive department team
• Hard working students and strong home/ school partnerships
• A range of technology to enhance teaching and learning
Our staff set the highest standards in behaviour and achievement for all students in a supportive environment in which children are treated as individuals. The curriculum is designed to provide everyone with choices at each stage in their development. We celebrate success and encourage all students to develop broader life skills, investing in the whole child. We are incredibly proud of the achievements of all our students and trust that you will feel the same as we work together to ensure the successful future for them.
At Sir John Talbot’s School, we can offer:
• An ‘Outstanding’ curriculum offering students a strong core entitlement in English, Mathematics and Science
• A full extra-curricular programme with opportunities for enrichment activities for all
• An excellent opportunity for continued personal development through our Talent Pathway
• A wide range of staff benefits
• Excellent resources and facilities
• An enthusiastic and supportive team of staff, parents and governors
If you have any queries, please email Hayley Burton, Headteacher’s PA firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information or to apply for the posts please visit our online recruitment site via the school’s website www.sirjohntalbots.co.uk (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 20th May 2019.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 23rd May 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.