John Hampden Grammar School is seeking a flexible and enthusiastic teacher with excellent classroom skills to teach mathematics from September 2019, with leadership opportunities within the school for the right candidate.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a supportive and dynamic department in a successful oversubscribed selective school for boys. The successful candidate will teach mathematics at all levels including GCSE and A Level (with support provided to those new to KS5). Opportunity to teach Further Maths is available.
The Mathematics Department is a high achieving department with an extremely supportive team, the post would suit either an experienced practitioner wanting a new challenge or an NQT wishing to work with a group of vibrant teachers to develop their teaching skills.
- Be an outstanding teacher, passionate about your subject
- Have the knowledge, experience and ambition to teach across the secondary age range
- Lead by example and act as a positive role model to pupils
- Be a reflective and innovative practitioner, keen to use technology to maximise learning opportunities
- Be committed to the development of young people
- Have effective communication skills with the ability to inspire students
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- An established centre of academic excellence with an exceptional record in sport, music and community involvement
- Motivated and ambitious pupils
- A friendly and supportive team of teachers and support staff
- Well-resourced facilities
- A positive, caring and collaborative working environment
- A commitment to professional development
Salary: Teachers Main or Upper Pay Range dependent upon experience. Recruitment and Relocation allowances available for suitable applicants.
If you feel you have the skills and commitment to support us in getting the best from our students then we would love to hear from you. Interested candidates are most welcome to visit the school and visits can be arranged through the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Further details including a job description, person specification and an application form are available on our website ( www.jhgs.bucks.sch.uk ). To apply, please complete the JHGS Teaching Staff application form and send it for the attention of Miss T Hartley, Headteacher, to HR@jhgs.bucks.sch.uk or complete the online form on the TES website.
Applications to be received by the closing date of Monday 20 May 2019, 9am. Interviews will take place later that week.
The school reserves the right to change these dates, and to close the vacancy at any time, so early application is advised. John Hampden Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. John Hampden Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer.