The Henry Box School is a successful, thriving mixed comprehensive school of over 1,200 students situated on Church Green in the historic market town of Witney. The school was founded in 1660 by local man, Henry Box, and the beautiful original school building is still in daily use in the centre of our attractive site. We are proud of our history and tradition and very excited about our future.
We are looking for a well-qualified, committed and enthusiastic Teacher of Mathematics to join our successful 11-18 comprehensive school. This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and well qualified teacher to join a strong and successful Mathematics Faculty. Applications are welcome from NQTs or experienced teachers. Visits to the school are welcome, by prior arrangement.
Our faculty ethos is centred on developing autonomous learners who have a deep relational understanding of key mathematical concepts. We share and continue to work on even better ways to do this. Explicit teaching of problem solving backed up with deliberate practice of identified gaps and regular low stakes quizzing work to develop fluency. We have outstanding exam results in year 11 and year 13 but are very proud of the fact that we achieve this through a constant drive to improve the way we explain and model mathematics to all students regardless of their prior attainment. A shared team room; collaborative planning meetings and pedagogy focussed faculty meetings mean that new and more experienced staff support each other constantly in our work and outside. We really are quite familial!
• Qualified Teacher Status
• Ability to teach KS3, KS4 and KS5
• Effective behaviour management
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Knowledge of planning, assessment and record-keeping
• Commitment to further training and development
• Conscientious, enthusiastic and positive
• The ability to relate well to students, staff and parents
• Willingness and ability to be an effective tutor
• Ability to teach KS5
• Willingness to teach PSHE
• Willingness to contribute to extra-curricular activities
• Evidence of improving practice by identifying and meeting CPD needs
The school was inspected by Ofsted in November 2017 and was judged as ‘good’ in every category. The GCSE examination results in 2018 were good, with excellent ‘A’ Level results.
In the meantime, if you have any queries about this role, please do not hesitate to contact Abbie Muchecheti (HR Manager) on 01993 848166 Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4:00pm (email firstname.lastname@example.org).