"Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on this link and the Job Profile attached. These explain the job role and the type of person we're looking for".
An attractive relocation package is available to the successful candidate if they are required to relocate their primary residence to fulfil this role. Relocation must be within a reasonable commuting distance to the workplace. Currently, the scheme offers a max of £8,000 (inc VAT) paid on a reimbursement basis
To deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute to the professional, corporate life of the school in relation to pupils, staff and appropriate external bodies within the agreements of the SNCT
The post holder needs to hold as a minimum:
Appropriate teaching qualification
Full GTC (Scotland) registration in the appropriate subject/sector, or be eligible for such registration
PVG scheme membership – Working with Children
The post holder will be expected to:
- Deliver a quality education to pupils in the context of the school’s agreed targets and School Improvement Plan.
- Work in a collegiate manner in partnership with parents/carers, pupils and colleagues across the education community to promote positive outcomes for young people and to raise levels of attainment and wider achievement for a diverse range of pupils.
- Support the health, safety and wellbeing of young people in school.
- Meet and maintain the professional standards which are set by the GTCS Code of Conduct and participate in the Scheme of Professional Update in accordance with the requirements set by GTCS.
- The post holder is expected to demonstrate:
- Ability to teach the full curriculum in the relevant subject or sector, and to develop the curriculum
- Ability to manage and organise classes through planning and preparing for teaching and learning
- Ability to assess, record and report on the work of pupils’ progress to inform a range of teaching and learning approaches
- Ability to prepare pupils for examinations and qualifications and where required, assist with their administration
- Ability to contribute towards good order and the wider needs of the school
- Ability to contribute to the school and council planning and improvement processes
- Ability to maintain and develop knowledge and skills and contribute to the professional development of colleagues including probationary and student teachers.
Closing date: 21/04/2019
Harlaw Academy, Aberdeen