Teacher of Mathematics at the Archer Academy, MPS
Closing date: noon on Wednesday 22nd May 2019
Interview Day: W/c 3rd June 2019
The Archer Academy seeks to appoint an exceptional teacher of Mathematics to join our high achieving, motivated and collaborative department.
Our vision for Maths at The Archer Academy is that students learn to think and act as real mathematicians, developing exceptional creativity and resilience in tackling challenging mathematical problems, deep conceptual understanding of the curriculum underpinned by rich imagery, and most of all, the love of learning mathematics that every true mathematician has.
Maths results last year (the school’s first year ever of Year 11) were “Outstanding”. We were delighted to achieve a Maths Progress 8 of +0.76 contributing strongly to the school P8 of +0.59. In terms of each grade, students achieved 31% Grade 8 or better, 45% Grade 7 or better, 72% Grade 5 or better and 80% Grade 4 or above. Maths is highly regarded by students and parents, as evidenced by over 1/3 of Year 11 and nearly half of Year 10 choosing to take optional Further Maths or Statistics GCSEs. Our results in these subjects are also very strong. In Further Maths GCSE, 45% achieved A* or better, 66% A or better, and in Statistics GCSE 50% achieved Grade B or above, with 100% Grade C or above. This reflects Archer students’ commitment to and enjoyment of Mathematics, which is also fostered by inspirational visiting Maths speakers, special Maths weeks, trips and competitions.
This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and inspiring practitioner to make their mark.
The successful applicant will have the potential to be an outstanding classroom teacher, and will be passionate about developing inspirational teaching strategies and working to raise the standard of teaching and learning both within their own classroom and throughout the department. The post is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
The Archer Academy seeks teachers who are:
• Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
• Ambitious in leading and delivering a rigorous, academic and creative curriculum
�� Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
• Flexible, collaborative and resilient
• Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
• Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be a committed team player
• Understand changes in the Science curriculum and have the vision to support and develop an outstanding department
• Have experience of developing an exciting curriculum that engages every learner
In return we will offer you:
• A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
• A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
• An opportunity to further evolve our exciting curriculum across the key stages
• A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
• Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
• A forward thinking senior leadership team
• A committed and talented body of staff
• A supportive Trust and Governing Body
• An excellent CPD programme – including a dedicated NQT mentor and induction programme
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.