About the role: Corelli College have an exciting opportunity for a Teacher of Maths to join our established and successful team. We deem this to be a great position on the basis that;
- We have a dynamic Maths Department at Corelli College who constantly work collaboratively to achieve excellent results; our pupils achieved good outcomes at GCSE and outstanding outcomes at A Level
- We regularly compete in national and local maths competitions and have great successes
- We offer the chance to work amongst highly skilled staff; a number of whom have recently passed NPQML programme and/or are on the lead practitioner programme as well as a variety of other qualifications within our field
- We offer fantastic development opportunities at all stages of a teacher’s career and can support the direction that you’d like to take in regards to professional achievement
- Teaching pupils from a variety of backgrounds across Key Stages 3-5, to work with them to ignite the fire and enthuse those who are more reluctant and lack confidence in this subject area, whilst also catering for our students who are very able to willing to learn
We can be flexible on the start date based on our successful candidate's current commitments;
- April 2018 start - For those available after the Easter break
- June/July 2018 start - For current Student Teachers looking to secure a role for the next academic year to begin their NQT year
- September 2018 start - For those committed to their current school for the remainder of this academic year, looking for a new adventure next year
Working for Corelli College: Corelli College is a well-established Inner London academy, constantly growing and expanding to suit the needs of the local area that we serve, providing an education for over 1,150 students on a daily basis. We are fortunate to have diverse and vibrant staff and student cohorts alike and we play upon the strengths of the individuals that form our successful academy. We are a diverse community where everyone is valued, respected and trusted, where we all work together and achieve and celebrate success. Students thrive within a culture of high aspiration, with no cap on ambition, building the skills to lead healthy, happy and successful lives.
Currently working closely with Leigh Academies Trust with a view to becoming a fully integrated member in Spring 2018, Corelli College have recently appointed a highly experienced, skilful and very well respected leader in the education sector – John Dixon – who joined us in the role of Principal from January 2018. With the established wider leadership team and committed staff that we are fortunate to have at Corelli College, we are confident in our aim to bring about rapid and sustained improvements year on year and our staff workforce are pivotal to that.
According to our most recent Ofsted report, “Pupils’ personal development and welfare are strong. Pupils express eloquent support for the college, praising their teachers and the diversity of the community.” Here at Corelli College you will find “…an absolute commitment for rapid improvement from all leaders and governors” (June 2016).
Our successful candidate will demonstrate:
- A passion for maths and a resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- A resilient mind-set with an open minded and determined approach to achieving success
- High levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- Good behaviour management skills and the ability to inspire and develop students in order to raise standards both academically and personally to maximise their potential
In return, we can offer you:
- An academy making rapid and sustained improvements year on year
- A multicultural and diverse environment with students who are keen to learn and make rapid progress
- Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and committed to each other’s professional development
- Excellent CPD opportunities and a commitment to developing your professional practice, at whatever stage you are in your career
- Opportunities to be creative; to share and develop new ideas to inspire our students
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.