CHESTERTON COMMUNITY COLLEGE
11-16 mixed, with 940 pupils on roll
Headteacher: Lucy Scott
Teacher of Mathematics
Required from September 2020
Chesterton Community College is a dynamic, inspirational 11-16 academy close to Cambridge City Centre. Our results are outstanding for all students. The Maths Faculty offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work in a collegiate, highly supportive and high achieving environment. We pride ourselves in giving fantastic opportunities to staff, to grow and develop as practitioners.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of Mathematics to join our successful, enthusiastic Faculty. Our Maths Faculty delivers excellent exam results, with all students making exceptional progress. In 2019, one fifth of the year group achieved the new grade 9 and over half of all students achieved at least grade 7, 86% of students achieved a grade 4 in Maths.
The successful candidate will have the ability to enthuse and engage students. They will be a key member of the team and will add to the Faculty’s success by delivering Maths in innovative and creative ways.
The school is committed to recruiting the highest quality teachers in order to build on our many successes. We are delighted to offer an extremely competitive recruitment package to the right candidate.
We can offer a range of incentives to attract the very best talent:
These could include:
• Option 1: Very flexible working arrangements- we are extremely experienced in working with teachers who wish to work part time and can adapt the timetable in order to suit their individual needs.
• Option 2: Relocation Allowance – for example help with initial rent payments, a deposit or removal costs.
• Option 3: Recruitment Allowance – either a one-off introduction or over three years. Outstanding teachers, with proven track records, will be eligible for this allowance.
• Option 4: London weighting – available for teachers currently working in London. We will match your current salary (plus any appropriate pay scale rises you are due) for the first year.
• Option 5: NQT package. For the right NQT this includes:
• a reduced timetable for the first two years (60% in year 1, 90% in year 2).
• a well-structured and high quality NQT induction year
• access to the school’s exceptional CPD programme offering CPD opportunities at least three times every week.
Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package. We place a very high value on continuous professional development; the successful candidate would have immediate access to our very high quality in house programme as well as the opportunity to be supported though a Masters in education if they chose to pursue one. This is an exciting time to join our vibrant college with our planned expansion meaning there is an excellent opportunity for career development and progression.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Interview Date: TBC