UNIVERSITY CHURCH OF ENGLAND ACADEMY
164 Whitby Road, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire CH65 6EA
Tel: 0151 350 6000
Principal: Mr Iain Robinson
TEACHER OF MATHS
MPR / UPR
Full and part time position
Required for April 2018
Teach Maths and Gain a Master’s Degree!
Working with UCAT there will be opportunities for you to work with Maths Education Specialists from the University of Chester; engage in classroom-based research into teaching and learning; and use the outcomes as part of a Master’s programme at the University of Chester - for free!
University Church of England Academy (UCEA) is one of University of Chester Academies Trust’s (UCAT) secondary academies. We are looking to appoint an experienced teacher of Maths across Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, who will inspire students to have a passion for the subject and a knowledge and understanding of its key ideas, concepts and skills.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience of raising attainment within Maths.
- An understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high expectations and raise aspirations; to improve student outcomes and develop behaviour that results in students being able to learn, as well as contribute positively to their Academy community.
- A genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil.
- Personal drive and ambition, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of this active department and experience of both GCSE and A Level examinations.
In return we will offer the opportunity to:
- Work with a Maths specialist from the University of Chester to engage in classroom based research that could lead to a fully funded Master’s degree.
- Work collaboratively with other Maths teachers across the Trust to learn with and from each other.
- Work with a supportive and ambitious Maths department.
Applications will be considered from candidates who wish to apply for this role on a job share basis. Please be aware that we are unable to accept applications from NQTs.
Closing date: Tuesday 12th December by 3pm. Interview date: Monday 18th December.
UCEA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check. All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of age, sex, race or disability.
Believe Belong Become