Aylward Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are evident from the moment you enter our Academy. We welcome all routes into teaching through School Direct, PGCE and we are a host school to Ambition School Leadership, Future Leaders and other pathways.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Enfield as an 11-18 school and Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in 2016.
We are looking for a Teacher of Maths to join our successful faculty. Reporting to the Head of Maths, you will join an academy where all colleagues play their part and contribute to whole school improvement through our distributed leadership model. If you embody these values and have high expectations, you will be very successful working with us.
If you are driven to teach and develop Mathematics then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from teachers looking for their first teaching position, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- A record of raising and maintaining standards.
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of teachers.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher and as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A ‘three in three years’ programme to develop you in the profession.
We actively welcome visits where you will meet Remo Iafrate (Principal) and our Maths team. Please contact Georgia Georgiou (PA to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Saturday 3 March 2018
Start date: September 2018 (or earlier if possible)
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply' on the TES advert.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: further details can be found on our careers page.