We refer to ourselves as 'the school with a heart, in the town with a heart' here at Fleetwood High School.
Conveniently located on the Fylde coast local to Lytham, Thornton, Poulton-Le-Fylde and with great motorway links to the Lake District, Manchester and Liverpool; making our school accessible to and from all of these areas.
Here at our school we are exceptionally proud of the 'Fleetwood Way' ethos we have created, this has contributed to the progress we have made on our exciting journey as recognised on our latest Ofsted inspection.
If you would be a part of our exciting journey then please read on:
We are looking for:
- A well-qualified, industrious and talented team player who believes in lifelong learning and has a passion for the subject and an ability to bring it to life in classroom settings
- A teacher who is committed to delivering active and engaging learning, which enthuses young people and motivates them to want to succeed
- A teacher who can promote a love and passion of learning and stimulate our pupils intellectual curiosity
- A teacher who can set targets that stretch and challenge students of all backgrounds, abilities and dispositions.
- A teacher with a continued commitment to their own professional development
We can offer you:
- Committed, honest and proud pupils who give 100% effort - 'pupils say the school is their sanctuary and they value the work that leaders have undertaken to support good behaviour for learning' -Ofsted 2017
- A state of the art PFI building with first class facilities, including a bespoke dance studio, 3G astroturf pitch, 10 hi-tech Science Labs, 4 bespoke ICT suites, state of the art recording studio, newly refurbished student learning resource centre amongst many other modern facilities
- Well equipped classrooms with an average class size of just 24 students
- A generous allowance for CPD study and lesson planning time
- Free onsite parking, free access to our onsite gym and access to our free staff meals scheme
I have really enjoyed my NQT year at Fleetwood High School. In the Maths department I am supported by strong and experienced teachers. We work off a clear, differentiated and well-structured scheme of work, with an emphasis on including problem solving activities in lessons. The feedback I have received has always been constructive and, since starting at Fleetwood, I have seen my practice develop a great deal.
At Fleetwood High School all offers of permanent employment are made subject to the successful completion of an initial 12 month probation period.
For more information about Fleetwood High School please click on the 'learn more about this school' button below.