Teacher of Maths
Salary – Main scale plus £1,600 Mossbourne allowance
Work pattern - Full time
Contract – Permanent
Location – Mossbourne Community Academy, 100 Downs Road, Hackney, E5 8JY
Start date – January 2018
The Mossbourne Federation has helped change the lives of Hackney children through providing continuous outstanding education. The Federation’s flagship school Mossbourne Community Academy is built on high expectations to ensure that all of our students succeed. Mossbourne Community Academy has not only changed the face of education in Hackney, but it has also raised educational expectations nationally. All our students, regardless of their background or ability are encouraged to achieve and fulfill their true potential. With the Academy’s consistently outstanding GCSE and A-level results; Mossbourne Community Academy is placed in the top 1% of schools in the country.
What we are looking for:
- Passion for teaching and working with students of all abilities with the talent to drive them to be outstanding
- Enthusiasm to ensure that students get the education which they rightly deserve
- Ability to communicate effectively with all staff, students and parents
- Raise aspirations, expectations and achievement of all students regardless of ability
- Willing to play as part of a team and go the extra mile to up keep the Mossbourne values
- Committed to the safeguarding of students
- Focused on the learning and development of students and encouraging high achieving
- Enthusiastic, flexible and friendly approach
- Professional manner at all times
- A degree in Maths and Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Ability to teach Maths to KS4
- Knowledge and understanding of how students learn Maths
What we can offer:
- The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
- Comprehensive staff benefits
- The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
- Ambitious working environment
- Professional development
- Friendly and passionate atmosphere
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/. Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted.
Please note: Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.