The Italia Conti Academy is seeking to appoint a qualified, experienced teacher of Maths, who will have sole responsibility for developing Maths at Key Stages 3 and 4. This post is a replacement post for 4 days per week starting from September 2019. You must hold QTS (or equivalent) to apply for this role.
The opportunity - your role will be:
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the Maths curriculum.
- To monitor and support student progress and nurture enthusiasm for Maths.
- To provide an engaging curriculum that supports learners of varying abilities and provides opportunity for students to achieve their individual potential.
- To effectively manage physical resources within the Maths department.
As a teacher at the Italia Conti Academy, you will have the opportunity to work with relatively small groups of students, within a dynamic and highly creative environment.
What we are looking for
We look for an experienced and talented practitioner who will be confident in leading the department as the sole teacher of Maths. Experience of assessing at GCSE is essential. The candidate we are seeking will be keen to contribute to the pastoral side of school life and support the performances and shows that take place during the school year.
What we offer
- Enthusiastic and creative pupils.
- Small group sizes.
- A team committed to raising standards for all.
How to apply
For a copy of the Job Description/Person Specification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a confidential conversation please contact Rod Jones, Vice-Principal: email@example.com
To submit an application, please prepare a letter of application, together with an up-to-date CV.
The closing date is midnight on Sunday 14th July 2019.
Interviews are scheduled for Friday July 19th.
Applicants must have an unblemished, proven record of success and share Italia Conti’s commitment to safeguarding and promoting the performing arts. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and online / public domain checks in accordance with safer recruitment procedures.