TEACHER OF MATHS
Salary: Mainscale/Upper Pay Scale +TLR available for the right person
Beckfoot Oakbank is an improving school and we want to be a truly great school. We know that with high quality teachers committed to our learners, we will continue to secure improvements in outcomes. . We teach our students to a high standard and want to develop a love of learning and a love of maths. Applications are welcome from both experienced and recently qualified teachers. There is the potential for A level teaching for appropriately qualified candidates
What we are looking for:
• A qualified teacher with excellent subject knowledge.
• An inclusive individual with high expectations for all students irrespective of starting points.
• Strong inter-personal skills and a team player, who is willing to share ideas and best practice.
• An individual with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
• A teacher who can be flexible, collaborative and resilient Someone committed to being be an outstanding practitioner, with an unwavering commitment to the highest standards for teaching and learning.
• Someone receptive to change and with the ability to work well under pressure.
• A teacher who Is able to work well as part of a welcoming, hard-working and committed team.
What we can offer you:
• A rapidly improving department.
• A warm and friendly working environment.
• Engaging students with lots of potential.
• A commitment to regular collaborative planning opportunities within the department.
• Good quality CPD opportunities including working with teachers from other departments.
Beckfoot Oakbank is part of the Beckfoot Trust, pleasantly situated in the Bronte Pennines. We have approximately 1500 students on role, including 200 in the sixth form. We moved into our brand new building in April 2018 and now have a fantastic learning environment.
The successful candidate will be provided with personalised professional development from the Beckfoot Teaching School. This offer includes subject specific development, leadership development and coaching programmes. This is in addition to the high quality Faculty and Whole school professional development provided to all staff.
Beckfoot Oakbank is fully committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare, and all posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Closing Date: Monday 30th September 2019 @ 9.00am