Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year”
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ Parent Power publication. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Teacher of Maths to join our forward-thinking and highly collaborative Maths faculty, part of a unique, dynamic and innovative village college on the edge of Cambridge. NQTs are very welcome, and will be nurtured and developed with an exemplary support package.
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last four years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. You will also be joining the College as it embeds a transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector, and built around our status as an IB World School. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
Outcomes in Maths are consistently excellent, with 15% of students securing a Grade 9 and nearly 40% achieving Grade 7+. A focus on problem solving and mastery has meant that across our diverse, fully inclusive cohort, over 80% of students achieved a 4+. We also run a highly successful Additional Maths (FSMQ) course as an enrichment opportunity in year 11, and a thriving entry level programme for our SEND students. This post may also offer the opportunity to teach IB Maths in our outstanding sixth form, which is an integral part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well above the international average. Further Maths A Level is also offered as an extension for our Most Able sixth formers, with an opportunity to teach this available for the right candidate.
The Maths department at IVC offers a range of unique opportunities for professional development. The team are leaders within the local Maths Hub, often hosting workshops, and a number of colleagues are Mastery Specialists and deliver CPD nationally with the NCETM. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. Colleagues in the Maths department have travelled as far afield as Shanghai as part of their CPD. You will be very well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including two Specialist Leaders in Education and two Lead Practitioners, and an exceptionally friendly and welcoming team. You are strongly encouraged to visit the department to meet our staff and see the department in action so you can see first-hand what a fantastic opportunity this is.
With your knowledge and passion for Maths you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Morris Education Trust (MET) can offer you:
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for NQTs
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 10am Monday 24 February
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. If you require any further information please contact Mrs Valerie Hastings, PA to the Principal and Vice Principal by email firstname.lastname@example.org