A rare opportunity to join a committed staff team with excellent career development opportunities, freedom to be inspirational and make a difference. If you want a teaching job with a positive challenge in a small independent school where pupils are valued as individuals and inspired to learn, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a committed individual with a passion for Maths. The successful applicant will teach Maths across KS3 and KS4 and will take over and build on the excellent foundation built by our current staff.
Pupils follow a Maths curriculum that draws on many teaching techniques particularly from Asia, adopting a variety of methods including visual processes so that pupils become fluent in the foundational aspects of Number before moving on to more advanced concepts. The most able pupils go on to take Additional Maths. Pupils also participate in national competitions such as the UKMT Maths Challenge and can attend after school masterclasses at King’s College School of Mathematics.
Thames is a thriving mainstream school with a two stream entry founded in 2000 for pupils aged 11-16. Its close proximity to Clapham Junction station means that pupils come from a wide catchment area. The school is working with Wandsworth Council and Taylor Wimpey on plans to relocate to a brand new purpose-built premises in September 2020. This will expand the school to a three stream entry with a sixth form and provide excellent career opportunities.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers although this would be an excellent role for an NQT. Thames has an excellent CPD programme and a strong track record of mentoring NQTs.
- Teaching Maths across Key Stage 3 and 4
- Working from existing schemes of learning and also developing new well-differentiated schemes of learning and resources
- Preparing pupils for Maths IGCSE and Additional Maths FSMQ.
The post is open to an excellent teacher who will:
- Be a graduate with a relevant good honours degree
- Have experience of working in either the private or maintained system
- Have a commitment to embracing challenges and raising pupil attainment
- Be a creative, inventive and dedicated classroom practitioner with a real passion for your subject
- Have an exceptional eye for detail
- Be excited by the school’s vision and respect the school’s values
Thames Christian School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all who work at the school to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service
Closing Date for Applications: As soon as possible - applications will be considered on receipt and interviews may occur at any stage so we recommend early application.
Full details about the post, application form and information about the school are available at http://www.thameschristianschool.org.uk/information-directory/current-vacancies