Are you passionate about teaching Maths?
Would you like to join and lead a team of dedicated and reflective practitioners whose aim is to help students of all abilities develop the skills and qualities which will allow them to excel in the future?
Furze Platt is a very successful mixed comprehensive school serving the children of Maidenhead. 1300 boys and girls of all abilities thrive at our school. We are a highly ambitious, high-achieving and fully inclusive school providing an outstanding education for all. We want our students to enjoy the time they spend with us by providing an education which is broad, stimulating and rewarding. We are also proud of the range of extra-curricular opportunities we provide for students outside of the classroom.
We are currently recruiting a Teacher of Maths to join our successful and expanding school.
We can offer you:
· the harmonious and friendly atmosphere which exists on our campus
· the opportunity to join a happy and successful school which has been rated as one of the country’s highest achieving comprehensive schools by the SSAT, with excellent exam results and whose Progress 8 score is in the top 24% of schools nationally.
· fantastic support from your line manager and a Senior Leadership Team who genuinely want to see you succeed and develop here at Furze Platt. NQTs are allocated a mentor, a reduced timetable and the opportunity to attend training sessions run by specialists from a group of Maidenhead schools
· career opportunities allowing you to grow professionally within Furze Platt including working parties and coaching for experienced teachers and leadership training for aspiring and existing middle and senior leaders
· the chance to teach Maths in our Sixth Form which has 250 students
· excellent on-site facilities
· access to a newly installed gym
· your own laptop, student laptops and interactive whiteboards
· access to an employee advice service which provides information, helpful resources and other services
· Freshly brewed coffee during break-time
· Invitations to whole school social events including our Christmas party and gatherings to celebrate success
The successful candidate will:
· be able to deliver engaging lessons which inspire and encourage all students to value the importance of Maths in everyday life
· be a newly qualified or experienced teacher
· be joining us at an exciting time as we embark on an on-site expansion project early in 2018
Interested applicants are welcome to talk to Mrs Debbie Harding, HR Manager email@example.com about this post, or to visit the school.
To learn more about our school please refer to our website www.furzeplatt.com.
Closing date: Monday 16th October 2017.
We welcome early applications.
Furze Platt Senior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.