Lea Valley is an 11-19 academy with 1200 students on roll. A new Principal commenced in role in September 2018 and the academy is on a transformational journey; this is an exciting time to join our team and to be part of building a beacon of educational excellence.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational Teacher of Maths for maternity cover who share our belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting and who have the drive and experience to help lead the academy rapidly on its journey to outstanding. They will work with their department on a range of responsibilities including monitoring of standards, tracking and analysis of results/data, behaviour management and achievement. We want a teacher who has passion, enthusiasm, alongside the skills and desire to develop and nurture every child in their care. They will deliver consistently excellent teaching and learning, to help all students to achieve excellent academic results.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the potential to teach Maths at KS3-KS5 and the ideal candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher of Maths or have the potential to become outstanding
• Be experienced in raising or the desire to raise attainment in a challenging classroom environment
• Have proven experience working or the desire to work successfully with students of all abilities
• Be committed to Lea Valley’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the belief that every child can succeed.
• Have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
They will have the opportunity to:
• Play a significant role in the development of Lea Valley Academy
• Be centrally involved in the leadership and management of the academy and will help establish a school culture that is both nurturing and ambitious
• Join the Cedars Learning Trust and receive comprehensive CPD through the school and associated networks
If you are seeking a challenging and highly rewarding position where you enrich the lives of the students who attend Lea Valley Academy, then we want to hear from you.
For a candidate information pack and a confidential/informal discussion, please contact Mrs J Williams on 01992 704625 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a supporting statement with your application of no more than 1 page of A4, outlining how your knowledge, skills and experiences to date have prepared you effectively for the role of Teacher of Maths at Lea Valley Academy.
Location: Enfield, North London
Reporting to : Principal (Day to day management overseen by Lead Teacher Curriculum)
Tour : Monday 20th May 2019 9am
Start Date: September 2019 or sooner
Deadline: Tuesday 21st May 2019 (9.00am) (send supporting statement to: email@example.com)
Interview Date: w/c Friday 24th May 2019
Salary : Mainscale/UPS
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.