The Governors of this school are looking to appoint a dynamic, inspirational teacher who is passionate about Maths/PE and has the ability to motivate students to strive for excellence and outstanding examination success. We are a successful and diverse leading Catholic 11 – 16 High School with 900 pupils on roll. We have a strong record of achievement leading in recent years to a number of national awards. The school building has recently benefited from an investment of £11.2 million creating a new high spec science block, lecture theatre, sports hall, ICT suites, astro-turf pitch and reception area. The English, Maths, Art and Design technology departments were all remodelled, creating an environment that is both purposeful and inspiring. We are located in Didsbury, (often voted as one of the most popular places to live in Manchester) only a short walk from the vibrant shops, bars and restaurants of Didsbury village. You will also have access to excellent transport links to Manchester city centre and surrounding areas. The Barlow RC High School is an excellent place to work! As a leading Catholic High School, we create an environment where children and adults alike can achieve their full potential. Our school motto is ‘If you believe, you can achieve’ and if this describes you, read on.
• Be passionate about your subject;
• Be supportive of the faculty drive to enable all students to achieve their full potential;
• Possess the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate students to behave and to be the best they can be;
• Have high expectations;
• Be a “Good” or “Outstanding” practitioner; or the potential and willingness to become one;
• Be a good team player, also be pro-active and have the ability to act on your own initiative;
• Be a good communicator;
• Play an active role within the school and the wider community; NQT’s are welcome to apply. Applications from Teachers wishing to work part time will be considered. In return, we will support you to further your professional development.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please visit our website http://www.thebarlowrchigh.co.uk for an application pack.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com quoting the post title and your name in the subject line.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date: 8am Monday 26th February 2018 Interview date: Wednesday 28th February 2018.
Our School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the wellbeing of children and young people and expects all staff to share their commitment. An enhanced DBS is required for all successful applicants.