Passionate about education and have a flair for working with young people? Join us.
Chobham’s Maths department is looking for an experienced teacher of maths with experience of teaching KS4 and/or KS5.
We aim to offer all students a broad and varied experience of maths education that will equip them with the skills not only to be successful in their academic endeavours but so they can participate in society as mathematically literate citizens. Our students are encouraged to be reflective and resilient learners at all times and to take up opportunities to engage with STEM related projects both in school and around London.
The Department is well resourced with equipment, and in addition draws on the expertise of special maths consultants provided through the Federation. The department runs extra-curricular sessions and uses a wide range of teaching and learning strategies to promote progress and celebrate the diversity of our students.
Advance your career within the Federation's supportive academy environment established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders. With unrivalled opportunities for progression, we can provide bespoke courses and qualifications to match your aspirations, whether that be as a teacher, middle or senior leader. Our Teaching School Alliance can equip you with the right experience, knowledge and training you need to succeed.
The successful candidate will:
- Hold QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree.
- Implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
- Support the subject area as appropriate and provide direction for Subject Lead and teachers.
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students.
- Provide a motivating and structured learning experience, which will provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Contribute significantly to raising standards of students' attainment as a teacher and form tutor.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Job Pack.
As part of the Harris Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- Access to a diverse network of phase and subject specialist groups
- Support and mentoring from some of the best leaders in education
- An Inner London Harris Allowance, plus a performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (TPS) and access to our Harris Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- The opportunity to work with our amazing students!
Click here for a full list of Harris benefits.
The Harris Federation
The Harris Federation is the leading large Multi Academy Trust in the country for both primary and secondary education. We have an established reputation in transforming education in London and an unrivalled track record in achieving success through rapid school improvement.
Closing the gap between young people from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission of the Harris Federation. We have transformed standards in schools that had, in some cases, failed for generations before joining the Harris Federation. Social mobility is the Holy Grail for the pupils we serve. The key to their futures is a high quality education.
We want every child in London to have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future.
We look for motivated support staff who are committed to helping us transform lives and who will share our belief that every child has the potential to do well.
Please note: academies may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and this job may be withdrawn at any point without notice. You will still be able to add information until the closing date, but you will not be able to submit your application. With this in mind, you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement. Harris Federation is fully committed to equality and to valuing diversity as an employer and a provider of education. Click here to view our full equality and diversity statement.