Are you passionate about teaching, KS3, KS4 or KS5 Maths?
Would you like to be a part of a welcoming and successful Maths team who supports you?
Are you looking for a school that will genuinely invest, support and train you to develop your career?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Stockwood Park Academy would love to hear from you!
The Stockwood Park Academy are currently looking to recruit a Teacher of Maths to join our successful team. Maths is often a subject perceived as challenging, but with knowledgeable and engaging teachers, students learn to think in new ways, build new connections and understand problems in a way they may have not seen before. Therefore, we are looking for a passionate teacher that enjoys breaking down learning barriers to help students excel in Maths.
It’s incredibly important to us here at Stockwood that all our teachers feel valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of teachers that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder. To give you one specific example, we had two ambitious teachers join us as NQT’s in 2016 and have been given additional responsibilities to help lead in the English department.
‘We recognise talent, recruit for attitude and train you for the skills’ … If you want to be grow and develop in a successful Academy, come and join us at Stockwood Park! Don’t just take it from us, listen to what our teachers have to say: https://youtu.be/48wDNtQQKzU
- Start Date: September 2018
- Salary: Main Pay Scale or Upper Pay Scale (dependent on experience)
- Job Role: Full time
Why work for Stockwood Park Academy:
- £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
- You’ll be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
- A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
- Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programs
- Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
- To be part of an 11-18 provision with opportunities to teach in the sixth form in for many subject areas
- Great support for NQT’s including your own dedicated mentor, reduced teaching timetable and ‘Outstanding’ teacher programmes available
- All teaching staff receive a laptop to use whilst in employment
Teacher Testimonial: “I have been at the Academy since 2000, I started as an unqualified teacher and was supported through the Graduate Teacher Programme. Very soon after I gained my QTS, opportunities arose to get into new roles. I started as Gifted and Talented Coordinator, then I became Head of Department for PE and then I wanted to develop into a pastoral role where I became a House Leader. Then came the opportunity to become an Assistant Principal and I was encouraged to go for that role so I took the leap and now I'm the Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare. There is a whole range of CPD on offer with a dedicated Teaching and Learning team who will provide personalised CPD, personalised areas for development for members of staff. In addition to that, they have a number of courses they provide, I've gone on the 'Outstanding Teacher Programme' and developed my own teaching and helped me feel secure in the position I was in. Stockwood Park Academy have already begun supporting with my next step up moving into a Deputy Head or Vice Principal role.“ - Iain Temple, Assistant Principal for Personal Development, Behaviour Management and Welfare.
Closing Date: Tuesday 27th March at 12pm Interviews: W/C Monday 16th April
If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply today.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role or would like to visit the Academy, please contact Hannah Chandler, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.