OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
Teacher of Mathematics (NQTs welcome)
Required for September 2019 – MPS/UPR salary scale
Do you want to be part of a team that are a supportive, committed, experienced and take pride in delivering innovative and enjoyable lessons to inspire a love of Maths? Then come and join us at Oaks Park High School!
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious and highly effective classroom teacher with fantastic opportunities to develop their teaching and learning in this vibrant department. In 2017, the department achieved a fantastic Progress score of +0.6 placing it in the top 5% of schools. 2018 saw results broadly in line this. We wish to build on our success and continue our journey to become an exceptional Mathematics department.
The successful candidate will:
- Understand the requirements for high quality teaching.
- Be able to use ICT in all aspects of your work.
- Have excellent administration skills and an ability to meet deadlines.
- Have the ability to fulfil the requirements of a form tutor.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent communication skills and an ability to relate to people at all levels.
- Be a positive team player with a strong commitment to professional development
- Embrace new technologies and ideas that enhance learning
- Have the ability to deal sensitively with pupils, parents and colleagues.
- Be highly self-motivated
Why work for Oaks Park High School:
- Oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with over 400 students in the Sixth Form and excellent modern facilities to support learning.
- Work with a collaborative, forward thinking Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
- Strong vision of success and achievement supported by an excellent continuing professional development programme for all staff.
- Medical and well-being support for all staff (at no cost to the member of staff)
- An ambitious and supportive multicultural community that keeps our child-centred philosophy at the heart of everything that we do.
- Highly regarded for outstanding pupil behaviour and purposeful learning environment.
- Committed to the very highest standards of student care and achievement and seek outstanding staff who wish to be part of our success.
Location: The school is centrally located in the London Borough of Redbridge, which is a very high achieving borough. There are excellent transport links to central and outer London, with Newbury Park station (zone 4 on the Central Line) only a four minute walk away.
Visits to the school are welcomed, or alternatively you can speak to Mrs Flack, Deputy Headteacher.
Oaks Park High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
In joining us you can expect a supportive culture within a school with very high aspirations, moving forward at pace. If you believe that instilling aspiration and ambition can transform the lives of young people then we would love to hear from you.
The closing date for applications will be 9 am on Wednesday 22nd May. Details regarding interviews will be confirmed with short listed candidates.
Early application is advised as applicants may be contacted at any stage during the recruitment process and the advert may then be closed.