A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a passionate team of staff in our All-through Academy.
Oasis Academy Don Valley opened in September 2015 as an all-through Academy for pupils aged 2 – 16 in the Darnall and Attercliffe ward of Sheffield. We are seeking an inspirational and outstanding Teacher of maths to help develop our maths department. The successful candidate will be required to teach all abilities to the highest standard and to make a positive difference to Academy life. This role offers excellent opportunities for the right candidate. You must be able use a range of teaching strategies to inspire and motivate our students and demonstrate a commitment to sharing best practice with colleagues. We are looking for a passionate teacher who brings their subject to life and demonstrates a willingness to support the Academy ethos.
Applications from NQT’s are welcome.
• To ensure high quality curriculum provision and effective teaching and learning within the curriculum area. To carry out the professional duties of a qualified teacher in accordance with Teachers’ pay and conditions
- Plan work in accordance with the curriculum area programmes of study and so that it addresses the personalised learning needs of every student
- Liaise with relevant colleagues on the planning of units of work for collaborative delivery
- Work in collaboration with associate staff attached to any teaching group
- Take account of students’ prior levels of learning and achievement and use them to set targets for future improvements
- Set work for students absent from school for health or disciplinary reasons
- Maintain positive relationships by adherence to the advice given to staff in the Behaviour Management Policy
- Set high expectations for students’ behaviour by establishing a purposeful working atmosphere in accordance with the Behaviour for Learning strategies.
- Provide students with the opportunities to develop the skills required in order to learn
- Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation, and presentation of work
- At Oasis, we recruit those people who display the character and competence to really drive our Academies forward and accelerate achievement standards for all of our students. It is therefore essential that candidates can identify with and be committed to upholding the values of the Oasis Ethos and be ambassadors for Inclusion, Equality, Healthy Relationships, Hope and Perseverance.
- The ideal candidates will have a real love for their subject and a desire to share their knowledge and experiences. They will be positive, passionate and enthusiastic with the ability to instill these qualities in our students. It is essential that you demonstrate up-to-date knowledge of teaching, learning and behaviour strategies.
- A unique opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of students
• A highly skilled team to work with and well-resourced class rooms
• A fantastic community of parents and children who deserve the best
• High quality support and mentoring to ensure that you succeed
This is a fantastic time to join our growing Academy team for an individual who has an unrelenting ambition for children. We can offer a first class programme of professional development for the successful candidate. Our Academy is a vibrant learning community giving you the potential to accelerate both your teaching and leadership career.
We would very much like to hear from you if you share our vision, values and enthusiasm. We are very happy to discuss the post informally if you require more information, visits are welcomed and encouraged.
Oasis Academy Don Valley is part of the Oasis Community Learning family, a multi-academy sponsor with the express purpose of transforming schools into community Hubs, through applying a holistic view of education.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.