1-year fixed term contract
We are seeking an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher of Maths to join our successful Mathematics Faculty, the ability to teach all Key Stages is essential.
The Mathematics Faculty consists of a team of experienced, enthusiastic, and committed teachers who gain excellent results.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an inspirational classroom practitioner with an irresistible enthusiasm for their subject. As a reflective practitioner you will be constantly looking to develop your practice through collaboration, experimentation, and hard work
- Be a team player working closely with the Director of Faculty to develop the learning experiences for all our students
- Be creative and innovative constantly looking for new ways to challenge our high ability students across all Key Stages
- Contribute to secure the highest standards of pupil achievement, monitoring, tracking, supporting, and evaluating pupil achievement. Setting targets for improvement and implementing effective strategies for underperforming students.
We can offer you:
- Highly motivated, curious, and industrious students
- A strong, highly qualified staff team and an ethos of tolerance and respect with a family community spirit
- A commitment to ongoing professional development and staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation.
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted.
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher, Mr Jason Carey.
Application forms are available at www.shsg.org
Please submit your application and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For all queries please contact Karen Lacey HR & Finance Manager by e-mail at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 10th December 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 13th December 2021
Interview date: Thursday 16th December 2021
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date.
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.