Teacher of Maths
Required from January 2018
We are a small 13-19 High School in an attractive, semi-rural location in South Staffordshire with 700 students on roll.
The school is part of the Penk Valley Federation along with 4 other schools based in the local area: Marshbrook First School, Princefield First School, St John’s (CE) First School and Penkridge Middle School. The vision of the Federation is to take collective responsibility for ensuring that every child and young person in our federation receives an excellent education, achieves high outcomes and realises their potential.
This is a truly exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious maths teacher to join our committed team here at Wolgarston High School. The previous post holder has been successful in securing a promotion.
We have a track record of excellent maths results at both GCSE and A Level. The ability to teach A Level maths would be valuable but not essential. We have a strong and committed team of maths teachers who share the maths office and have their own classrooms.
We are committed to becoming a Visible Learning school. We will provide full training to the successful candidate and will expect them to fully embrace the visible learning approach.
Successful candidates must:
- Be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential
- A passionate advocate of the subject who contributes effectively to departmental and whole school improvement
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be a good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be flexible and a good team player
- A demanding yet rewarding community school where students and staff feel valued and supported
- Students who are keen to learn
- A Federation with excellent CPD opportunities and commitment to staff advancement
This is a first class opportunity for someone to start their career or further develop within a warm, supportive but highly professional environment.
- Are you determined to become an expert teacher?
- Are you passionate about helping every student succeed?
- Are you a team player with the drive and determination to make a difference to the learning experience and outcomes of our students?
If you believe you meet all of the above, we are looking forward to meeting you. Not sure? Why not come and have a coffee and a look around before applying? To arrange your visit please contact Donna Harrison via email email@example.com or by telephone on 01785 788427.
Application forms and job specification are available on the school website.
Closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 17 October at Midday.
Completed application forms should be returned to Julie Ablewhite (Federation Business Manager) via email
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the school address.
"This Authority/school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment"
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.crb.gov.uk