Do you want to be part of a friendly and supportive Trust where everyone is included in professional development opportunities?
If so, find out more about our Trust and how you can make a real difference to young people.
Owing to the growth of our Trust, we are in a position to offer some exciting new roles.
We are seeking to appoint a maths teacher who will create and implement strategies to enhance curriculum and pedagogical progression from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3, working closing with both local and MAT primary schools. There will be an emphasis on ensuring the level of challenge and curriculum content is fluid between key stages for all abilities.
You will be based at, and teach at, Caludon Castle Secondary School and the role will facilitate some teaching in our partner primary schools. You may also model best practice for developing teachers.
This is an exciting stage in our development as we strengthen the cohesion between the primary and secondary phases; maximising success for all students.
The Maths team at Caludon, part of a thriving faculty, is committed to consistently doing their best for our students, evident from our 2018 ‘strong’ and ‘standard’ GCSE results in Maths in 2018. The faculty has the freedom to innovate and inspire our students through faculty centred leadership, together with a strong sense of collaboration within the wider Trust too, providing developmental opportunities.
You will be able to demonstrate commitment and understanding in order that every student gets the personal support and challenge they need to progress and reach their full potential. We are dedicated to delivering a learning experience to all students which is stimulating and enjoyable, drawing from a wealth of extended learning environment and enrichment activities. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career. We invest in ensuring the quality of our relationships, fostering and building strong teams to share good and innovative practice, to promote learners’ achievements and to be the best that we can be.
We will play to your strengths and can offer you:
• The opportunity to flourish alongside supportive and caring staff with a strong team ethos, so that you have the tools to teach in a way that works for you
• A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff which continues with access to enriched professional development through a range of internal programmes and through our Teaching School Alliance
• Developmental opportunities for the next step in your career
• Access to expert coaching
• A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your teaching
• Opportunities to teach across all key stages
• ICT rich, state of the art premises, with exceptional facilities and a range of benefits which includes cycle to work, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool, free parking, an employee discount scheme and provision of an ipad, a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our people strategy and well-being committee.
Caludon Castle has great deal to be proud of, with a relentless focus on excellence and a desire to continuously improve. If you have the passion and determination to be valued part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
For further information or to arrange a visit please contact Emma Over, HR Director on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk Application packs are available from Emma Over or visit our website http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ to download further details. Find out more about us on https://youtu.be/9mlmgmD90fw Application forms to be returned to Emma Over on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk Closing date: Closing date: 8.30 am on Monday 25th February 2019
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.