Teacher of Media and Journalism
Reference Number: SCCG2205
Salary: £23,630—£39,135 per annum.
Incremental progression throughout the band is available.
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Sunday 16th May 2021
Interview Date: W/C 24th May 2021
Start Date: August 2021
Location: FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours per Week: 1.0 FTE
The successful applicant will be able to teach level 1-3 in Media Production.
It is also desirable for candidates to possess technical expertise in a variety of Media software and have a good understanding of BTEC and/or OCR Specs.
We also require applicants to have:
• Relevant industry experience in Radio/TV/Animation/Content Creation
• A good network of industry professionals.
• An excellent understanding of either audio or visual production processes and their technologies.
• Good knowledge of and the ability to creatively teach Media Theories
• Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to utilise new technologies in teaching and learning.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcomes for learners. You will be committed to excellence in the teaching and learning experience with a demonstrable track record.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
Reasons to Join Us:
• Sixth Form College’s Association style terms and conditions (195 days) and automatic enrolment on to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees.
FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Beacons of educational excellence, transforming the lives of individuals and communities
It is great that you are considering joining us so let’s tell you a little bit more about the benefits of working for us!