Winton Community Academy are looking for an outstanding practitioner of Media Studies who is ambitious, organised, motivated and has sound subject knowledge in Media and another subject ideally English.
Media is a relatively new subject in the academy and growing fast. Applicants who are strong in media with other specialist subjects should apply as we can be flexible but our preference is English.
There are numerous opportunities for staff development and whole school responsibility. If you are passionate about teaching and want to make a difference we would love to hear from you.
Why should you join the Winton Community Academy English team?
- Excellent facilities in Media.
- Benefit from the support available from AET.
- Fully committed to raising standards and delivering improving results.
- Supported by the SLT to have smaller class sizes and increased lesson time in KS4.
- Committed to personalised Continual Professional development at all levels
- Small highly motivated team.
- Staff iPad, laptop and Health Cover.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of strategies for students to make rapid progress.
- Knowledge of current educational developments at KS4 for Media and KS3 for English.
- An ability to inspire and motivate students so they become passionate about Media and make good or exemplary progress.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for:
- Developing home learning opportunities to extend the Media curriculum and extracurricular activities.
- Responsible for the delivery of KS4 programmes of study.
Winton Community Academy is situated in Andover in the centre of Hampshire, a short commute from Winchester, Salisbury and many picturesque Hampshire villages. Salary is negotiable based on experience and exceptional candidates.
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme, childcare vouchers and Westfield rewards.
This position is required for January 2018.
We would encourage you to visit the academy, to arrange this please contact Jackie Lusk on 01264 325955.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Monday 16th October 2017.
Closing date for applications: Noon on Friday 13th October 2017.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.