Our vision is to be a beacon of educational excellence transforming the lives of the individuals and communities we serve
Teacher of Media
Reference Number: SCCG1965
Salary: £18,904 to £31,308, Incremental progression throughout the band is available.
(A pro-rata amount of £23,630 - £39,135 per annum)
Advert Closing Date: Midnight Wednesday 22nd January 2020
Interview Date: W/C 27th January 2020
Location: FutureSkills at MediaCityUK
Contract Type: Maternity Cover
Hours per Week: 0.8 FTE
The successful applicant will be able to teach level 1-3 in Media Production.
It is also desirable for candidates to possess technical expertise in a variety of Media software and have a good understanding of BTEC and/or OCR Specs.
We also require applicants to have:
• Relevant industry experience in Radio/TV/ Content Creation
• A good network of industry professionals.
• An excellent understanding of either audio or visual production processes and their technologies.
• Good knowledge of and the ability to creatively teach Media Theories
• Skills in Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to utilise new technologies in teaching and learning.
Successful candidates must have an absolute commitment to standards and delivering an outstanding experience and outcome for learners. You will be committed to excellence in the teaching and learning experience with a demonstrable track record.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this vacancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Reasons to Join Us
• A range of developmental & career opportunities
• A number of optional Salary Sacrifice Schemes including IT Equipment, Childcare Vouchers & Bikes
• Staff Benefits Package with the best discounts and fabulous savings from high-street retailers, holidays and cinemas
• Various health & wellbeing benefits including discounted gym memberships, confidential staff counselling via CareFirst and health cash plans
• Family Friendly & Flexible Working Policies
Commitment to Safeguarding
As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.