We are looking for an ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our rapidly expanding school. We need someone who is passionate about Media Studies, resilient, communicates with young people and can have a positive impact on their learning and life chances.
We will offer you:
• Strong collegiate atmosphere
• Personalised, supportive CPD
• Strong Media Studies results at Key Stage 4
• A three-year Key Stage 4 delivering GCSE Media Studies and a heavily subscribed course in all year groups
• State of the art Media facilities
• Support so that you can flourish and be the best you can possibly be, whichever stage in your career
• Supportive and thorough induction programme
• A primary school with nursery provision
• Strong SLT
• 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
• State of the art gym available for staff use
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit in January 2018:
• "The Executive Principal is determined that pupils leave the school as well-qualified, confident young men and women able to make the most of the opportunities available to them".
• "The school continues to get better in all areas of its work".
• "Subject Leaders confirm that senior leaders give them strong support".
• "The new Chair of the Governing Body leads the Governing Body with energy and insight".
• "New teachers settle in quickly".
• "Teachers regularly go the extra mile to support their pupils".
• "The school is a calm, orderly and often studious environment".
• "Across the school, most pupils try their best and relationships between teachers and pupils are warm".
• "Pupils are increasingly ambitious for their own futures and are keen to do well".
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Executive Principal. In Ofsted's visit, November 2016, they made the following observations:-
"Leadership has improved dramatically since the new Executive Principal joined the school in April 2016". "The new Executive Principal has already tackled successfully poor attendance, punctuality and unacceptable behaviour".
The successful applicant will have a passion about learning, be an excellent teacher, have great subject knowledge in all theory and practical aspects of Media Studies and strong inter-personal skills. We are looking for someone who will help students through the pursuit of excellence.
The school is already improving and growing at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefitting from state of the art facilities and teaching. It is situated on the new Berryfields housing development and the roll of the Academy (with Berryfields Primary School) will increase significantly in the next few years.
For further information contact Mrs E Perrin, EA to the Executive Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the Apply Now Button.