Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages at the Archer Academy, MPS
Deadline for application: Noon on Wednesday 19th May
Planned interview date: W/C 24th May
The Archer Academy seeks to appoint an exceptional teacher of Modern Foreign Languages. This post is for a one-year fixed term contract.
Our Modern Foreign Languages curriculum aims to equip students with languages as a skill for life. We want students to have the ability to communicate in French or Spanish for further study, future work or for leisure and travel abroad, truly engaging with their community and beyond. Our curriculum also develops cultural awareness, fostering an open-minded attitude towards other cultures and encouraging students to embrace that fact we live in a rich and diverse world with different customs, perspectives, history, arts, literature and ways of communicating. Through learning a foreign language students develop a deeper understanding of how language works, building a more powerful understanding of their own language. All of this serves to create confident communicators, who can articulate and justify their own opinions on a wide-range of interesting topics in a foreign language.
Modern Language results are historically very strong. Every year, we have students that successfully continue their languages at sixth form. Both Spanish and French are highly regarded subjects by students and parents and students enjoy an array of extra-curricular activities to stimulate their language learning.
The MFL team are motivated, enthusiastic and keen to do whatever it takes to improve our students’ MFL experience. Your professional development will be very well supported and MFL staff have enjoyed bespoke CPD, to ensure that our practice is rooted in the latest pedagogy to ensure consistently outstanding outcomes for our students. You will be joining a truly collaborative department and this is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and inspiring practitioner to make their mark.
The successful applicant will have the potential to be an outstanding classroom teacher and will be passionate about developing inspirational teaching strategies and working to raise the standard of teaching and learning both within their own classroom and throughout the department.
The post is suitable for both NQTs and more experienced teachers.
The Archer Academy seeks teachers who are:
- Outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues
- Ambitious in leading and delivering a rigorous, academic and creative curriculum
- Committed to ensuring that every student realises their potential
- Flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Committed to the whole life of the school through our enrichment programme
- Focused on securing the highest ambitions for your students, the school and yourself
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be able to teach up to and including GCSE French and Spanish
- Be a committed team player, efficient and energetic
- Have an awareness of effective teaching and learning strategies that will inspire and motivate all of our students
- Be proactive in providing additional opportunities and support for all learners
In return we will offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- An opportunity to further evolve our exciting curriculum across the key stages
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from
- Leadership and management opportunities both now, and in the future as the school continues to mature
The Archer Academy benefits from:
- A forward thinking senior leadership team
- A committed and talented body of staff
- A supportive Trust and Governing Body
- An excellent CPD programme – including a dedicated NQT mentor and induction programme
- A superb Well Being programme
Please submit your application forms by email to, Jessica Bryant, Headteacher’s PA & HR Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not hesitate to contact Jessica on 07708251440 with any questions or to arrange a tour of the school.
The Archer Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS clearance.
The Archer Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
The Archer Academy is a co-educational secondary free school based in North London, for students aged 11-16.
The Archer Academy
Our vision for the Archer Academy is rooted in our desire...