Teacher of MFL,
Required for September 2017
Holyhead School is a heavily over-subscribed, 11-19 Academy in Handsworth with over 1300 students on roll. The school is a National Leader in Education/National Support School and was designated ‘Outstanding‘ by Ofsted following a successful inspection in December 2013. and April 2015. Inspectors highlighted a number of key reasons for the school’s success including:
● Teachers have high expectations of all students, regardless of their ability
● Relationships are excellent and are built on respect and trust
● Students from many different backgrounds and cultures get on very well together
● Staff morale is high
● GCSE results across a range of subjects are significantly better than those of similar schools, representing outstanding progress
● Students’ achievement in the Sixth Form is outstanding
● Results in French at GCSE are very good
We are looking for….
● The Subject Leader of Spanish to be an outstanding practitioner to oversee the development of Spanish from Key Stage 3 to A Level and the ability to teach French at Key Stage 3
● A well-qualified, creative and dynamic teacher of French with Spanish
● Teachers who are able to inspire students and encourage a love of languages
● Energetic practitioners able to support the increased uptake of languages at GCSE
● Dedicated professionals with a commitment to extracurricular activities that add value for students
We can offer….
● Excellent students and staff who will enthuse and inspire the successful candidate
● The opportunity to be part of a highly innovative and successful department
● A friendly and supportive working environment
● A comprehensive induction programme and the opportunity to engage in further professional development
The Modern Foreign Languages Department at Holyhead has an outstanding track record. If you feel that you could add value to the current provision in MFL for our students and have the necessary energy, enthusiasm and sense of humour to join us as we move forward in this exciting curriculum area then please contact Ms Jennifer Bent, PA to The Principal, and ask for an application pack. Alternatively, the information can be downloaded from our website. Informal enquiries are most welcome. Please note applications only accepted on the official Holyhead School job application form.
Holyhead School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful candidates.
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 28th April 2017
Interviews on: Friday 12th May 2017
Holyhead School, Milestone Lane, Holyhead Road, Handsworth, Birmingham, B210HN
Tel: 0121-523-1960 Fax: 0121-523-1969 mailto:email@example.com