Aylward Academy is a community where inspirational teaching, self-evaluation and self-improvement are evident from the moment you enter our Academy. We welcome all routes into teaching through School Direct, PGCE and we are a host school to Ambition School Leadership, Future Leaders and other pathways.
Our students are diverse, exciting and talented – and the same is true of our staff. We put huge emphasis on professional development, most of it in-house, and are proud of the high number of good and outstanding teachers who work in our school. We are also noted for our ‘can do’ attitude. We are keen, always, to encourage new and/or young staff to make their mark as soon as they are ready.
We are proud to serve the communities around Enfield as an 11-18 school and Ofsted judged us as a ‘Good academy’ in 2016.
Languages plays an important role in our curriculum offer to our students. We deliver Turkish, Japanese, French and Spanish.
We are looking for a Teacher of MFL to join our successful faculty. The faculty has a highly creative and innovative curriculum and the successful candidate must not only demonstrate a passion for teaching languages but also have a range of teaching strategies that not only engage but challenge and enthuse pupils. It also runs language trips abroad. The successful candidate would be joining a very successful and capable team and would be expected to make an impact inside and outside the classroom.
If you are driven to teach and develop MFL then we want to hear from you! We actively welcome applications from teachers looking for their first teaching position, as well as from experienced colleagues looking to develop their career further.
We are looking for:
- A record of raising and maintaining standards.
- A colleague who can teach French and Spanish
- Vision, drive and flare as you join our supportive and forward thinking team of teachers.
- Relevant qualifications and a record of professional development (both formal and through appropriate experience) to meet the challenge of the job specification.
- A genuine commitment to making a positive contribution to the academy.
- A commitment to further developing you as a teacher and as a future leader through access to the school network of our sponsor Academies Enterprise Trust.
- To be part of an academy moving forward at pace.
- A highly committed staff team developing and driving a culture of high expectations and no excuses
- A ‘three in three years’ programme to develop you in the profession.
We actively welcome visits where you will meet Remo Iafrate (Principal) and our MFL team. Please contact the HR team at email@example.com to organise.
Please note this is a re-advertisement. Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: Monday 23 April 2018
Start date: September 2018
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click 'quick apply' on the TES advert.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin: further details can be found on our careers page.