An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Modern Foreign Languages department at St Catherine’s College. We seek a talented classroom practitioner with a track record of outstanding practice as a teacher, who can teach French or Mandarin.
MFL offers a well-established French and Spanish curriculum and we are one of the only state schools in East Sussex that teaches Mandarin Chinese to GCSE.
We are a Confucius Classroom school and we offer DfE’s prestigious Mandarin Excellence Programme which means a strong link is built with University College London and Goldsmith’s University London.
The department supports its pupils and staff by investing in smaller class sizes, language assistants, technology and plentiful online learning platform subscriptions. We are proud to actively encourage our team to go for external training and school hub meetings. You will be working in a newly decorated MFL corridor and classrooms where you will be offered opportunities to help shape your department.
We aim at what works for our pupils in regards of their understanding of the bigger world, resistance of challenges and skills for their progress. We run regular school trips, for example to China; welcome exchange groups from Peru and have MFL activities such as singing competitions and international bake off. We believe an innovative and immersive curriculum will spark our pupil’s passion and truly engage their MFL learning.
Candidates should have previous experience of teaching French or Mandarin. The successful candidate must be passionate and knowledgeable about their subject and demonstrate a proven track record of very strong teaching and learning leading to positive outcomes as well as a secure understanding of the national curriculum.
We offer you:
• Excellent career development opportunities
• A geographical location, being situated near Sovereign Harbour, Eastbourne’s award winning Marina. It is part of several miles of beautiful coastline, including the South Downs National Park, the white cliffs of Beachy Head and 1066 country
• A friendly, supportive and caring staff team
• A fabulous staff room with complimentary tea and coffee
• A café that serves at breakfast, break and lunch using freshly sourced ingredients
• Plentiful staff car parking in two on site car parks
• Did you know that buying a house in East Sussex can be cheaper than in many other counties in the UK.
This post can be part time or full time.
Completed application forms and letters of application should be sent directly to the college addressed to Mrs S Windsor: email@example.com, and arrive by no later than noon on Tuesday 17 April 2018. Please use the standard application form, accompanied by a letter of application, which must be no more than two sides of A4.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS enhanced clearance.